SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL
- Principal Erick Hansen
- Chair/Parent Rep Neda Cohan
- Vice-Chair/Parent Rep Elham Emrani
- Parent Rep Nazanin Shahrokh
- Parent Rep (alt) Tania Kimia
- Secretary Rep Ramin Saedi
- Parliamentarian Kristen Harms
- Teacher Rep Susan Bell
- Teacher Rep Amy Besser
- Teacher Rep Brittany Motodani
- Teacher Rep (Alt) Ingrid Colon
Help Lanai Road best respond to the educational and personal needs of our entire student body. Get involved with School Site Council! This dynamic group, comprised of parents, teachers and administrators, meets monthly and specifically discusses curriculum and school improvement programs. School Site Council is a district mandated program and, at Lanai, we are proud of our especially active Council. An even number of parents and teachers on the committee sets the stage for frank discussion, and provides an excellent forum for brainstorming and implementing new ideas to broaden and better our school curriculum.
SSC meetings are open to all parents, teachers and administrators. Dates and times are posted on the Calendar Page of this Website. For more information contact our SSC Chairperson, Elham Emrani.
What is School Site Council? Through the School Improvement Program, each participating school has a state-mandated School Site Council composed of the principal, staff, parents, and community members and, at the secondary level, students. The council is a decision-making body in:
- operating procedures and bylaws,
- selecting and maintaining membership,
- developing the school plan and budget for Board of Education approval, and
- evaluating the annual progress of educational improvement under the school plan.
The purpose of the School Improvement Program is to improve the local school’s total instructional program by assessing the skills and knowledge of students and by providing supplemental services that meet their needs. The School Improvement Program receives funding from the state.