Room parents support the classroom and teacher in a variety of ways:
* Collecting, spending, tracking and reporting classroom funds
* Forwarding school emails, communicating with the teacher and parents regarding class news, field trips and class parties
* Coordinating morning drop off schedule for parents and organizing classroom volunteers as requested by the teacher
* Attending school meetings to keep the class informed and more
There are usually two Room Parents per class. The lead will typically be someone that has been a former Lanai Room Parent.
Teachers are in charge of the final selection.
Selected Room Parents will need to attend orientation on THURSDAY, August 29:
*8:30AM for TK, K, 1st, 2nd & New Room Parents
*1:30PM for 3rd, 4th & 5th
PTA Room Parent & Volunteer Chairs:
* Vanessa Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Heather Goodfried at email@example.com