Registration packets for the 2018-2019 school year will be available to pick up on Tuesday, May 1, 2018. The deadline to return a completed packet is Tuesday, June 19, 2018.
Completed Packets include ALL of the following:
- Student enrollment forms
- Birth verification
- Up to date immunization record
- Residence Verification
Current property tax bill or valid lease agreement, Current DWP bill, and Current Gas bill
- Parent photo id
For TK, K and 1st grade a completed packet must also include:
- Examiniation by Private Physician card completed and signed
- Permanent Health History card
- Oral Health Assessment
The office will re-open for enrollment, Monday, July 30, 2018.
Please enter your home address into the LAUSD Resident School Finder. The administration diligently verifies the address information of all incoming and currently enrolled students. Students with falsified addresses will immediately be transferred to their home school.
APPLICATION PERIOD opens February 1, 2018
Lanai Road Elementary will be accepting permit applications for the categories below for the 2018-2019 school year. Permit applications are not automatically granted and are dependent upon space availability. Permit applicants may be notified of acceptance at any time during the 2018-2019 school year. The Intra-District Permit must be renewed annually. In order to be placed on the Intra-District Permit Wait List, a completed application must be submitted to the office.
Quick Link: Intra-District Permit Application.
- Child Care (Provider resides within the Lanai school boundaries)
- Parent Employment (One parent/guardian is employed full time within the Lanai school boundaries)
Lanai Road Elementary does NOT have a lottery because it is not a charter school. Lanai Road Elementary is NOT an Open Enrollment school for the 2017-2018 school year.
nO lottery & nO Open Enrollment
Transitional Kindergarten is for students who were born between September 2, 2013 and December 2, 2013. Further information can be found by clicking here.
- If my child is of kindergarten age, can I enroll instead in Transitional Kindergarten? Lanai Road Elementary will consider placement of a student into Transitional Kindergarten based upon teacher and administrator observations, parent requests and space availability.
- If my child is of Transitional Kindergarten age, can I request kindergarten placement instead? No. Transitional Kindergarten age requirements are state law and no exceptions are made.
- My resident school does not offer Transitional Kindergarten. Can my child attend Lanai Road Elementary? All LAUSD schools are required to offer Transitional Kindergarten.