Click on the date below to sign up.
October 20, 2017
November 1, 2017 - CANCELLED
February 16, 2018 (Opens 1/8/18)
May 18, 2018 (Opens 4/1/18)
Tours start at 8:45, please come to the Main Office to sign in.
Please enter your home address into the LAUSD Resident School Finder. The administration diligently verifies the address information of all incoming and currently enrolled students. Students with falsified addresses will immediately be transferred to their home school.
Lanai Road Elementary will be accepting permit applications for the categories below for the 2018-2019 school year. Permit applications are not automatically granted and are dependent upon space availability. Permit applicants may be notified of acceptance at any time during the 2018-2019 school year. The Intra-District Permit must be renewed annually. In order to be placed on the Intra-District Permit Wait List, a completed application must be submitted to the office.
Quick Link: Intra-District Permit Application.
- Child Care (Provider resides within the Lanai school boundaries)
- Parent Employment (One parent/guardian is employed full time within the Lanai school boundaries)
APPLICATION PERIOD TBD
APPLICATION PERIOD TBD
Schools For Advanced Studies ("SAS") offer high-level academic programs that meet the unique educational needs of gifted and high ability learners by providing differentiated instruction with an emphasis on depth, complexity, acceleration and novelty within the standard curriculum. Every classroom receives SAS level teaching, as ALL Lanai Road teachers and the principal are trained in teaching gifted learners.
Qualified students entering Grades K-5 may apply for a School for Advanced Studies transfer. Acceptance is based on:
- Student meeting eligibility criteria AND
- Availability of space at Lanai Road Elementary.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SAS APPLICANTS
ALL applicants for the School for Advanced Studies must demonstrate the ability or strong potential to work two years above grade level in academic subjects. Applicants may wish to refer to the National PTA parent guides for student success to understand the Common Core guidelines for different grade levels. For example, Kindergarten applicants should be working at or showing potential to work at a second grade level when attending the school. Students currently in preschool should refer to the parent guide for first grade (two grade levels above) to verify current performance level.
Applicants must meet one of three eligibility criteria:
- Students identified as gifted/talented in LAUSD in the Intellectual, High Achievement, Specific Academic, Creative, or Leadership Ability Categories
- Students who scored in the “Standards Exceeded” range on the SBAC assessment or have TOTAL national scores of 85% or above on a District-approved standardized achievement test (e.g., OLSAT-8) in required areas (most recent year only).
- Students who demonstrate mastery of ALL FOUR of the critical-thinking and problem-solving skills in their primary language. Students applying under this criteria must also:
- Submit a portfolio of work that supports the verification. Please refer to the SAS Permit Application for examples of student portfolio work. Supporting work in the portfolio should include evidence of advanced math work, writing samples, and/or reading level.
- Take a standardized LAUSD assessment to confirm level of performance. The assessment date is TBD.
Lanai Road Elementary is NOT an Open Enrollment school for the 2017-2018 school year. Lanai Road Elementary does NOT have a lottery because it is not a charter school.
Open Enrollment & lottery
Transitional Kindergarten is for students who were born between September 2, 2013 and December 2, 2013. Further information can be found by clicking here.
- If my child is of kindergarten age, can I enroll instead in Transitional Kindergarten? Lanai Road Elementary will consider placement of a student into Transitional Kindergarten based upon teacher and administrator observations, parent requests and space availability.
- If my child is of Transitional Kindergarten age, can I request kindergarten placement instead? No. Transitional Kindergarten age requirements are state law and no exceptions are made.
- My resident school does not offer Transitional Kindergarten. Can my child attend Lanai Road Elementary? All LAUSD schools are required to offer Transitional Kindergarten.