The tour schedule for the 2019-2020 school year will be posted in August. Please check back for dates at that time.
Registration packets for the 2019-2020 school year will be available to pick up May 1st through Thursday, June 20th between the hours of 9:00am and 3:00 pm (we suggest you avoid the times of regular school congestion (8-8:15 am and 2:40pm). The office will reopen July 30.
Completed Packets must include ALL of the following:
- Student enrollment forms
- Birth verification (birth certificate or passport)
- Immunization record (all immunizations up to date)
- Parent ID
- Residence Verification (Original Documents):
- Current property tax bill or current lease/rental agreement;
- Current DWP bill; and
- Current SoCal Gas bill
For TK, K and 1st grade a completed packet must also include:
- Examiniation by Private Physician card completed and signed
- Oral Health Assessment
Please enter your home address into the LAUSD Resident School Finder. The administration diligently verifies the address information of all incoming and currently enrolled students. Students with falsified addresses will immediately be transferred to their home school.
APPLICATION PERIOD begins February 1, 2019
Lanai Road Elementary will accept Intra-District permit applications in the categories below for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Child Care Permit (Provider resides within the Lanai school boundaries)
- Parent Employment Permit (One parent/guardian is employed full time within the Lanai school boundaries)
Permit applications are not automatically granted and are dependent upon space availability. Permit applicants may be notified of acceptance at any time during the 2019-2020 school year. The Intra-District Permit must be renewed annually. In order to be placed on the Intra-District Permit Wait List, a completed application must be submitted to the office beginning February 1, 2019.
APPLICATION PERIOD October 1 - November 9, 2018 (On-Time Submissions)
Applications for the School for Advanced Studies Program are completed online at the e-CHOICES website: echoices.lausd.net
2019-2020 Anticipated Openings
- Transitional Kindergarten: Program does not apply
- Kindergarten: 0
- 1st Grade: 0
- 2nd Grade: 0
- 3rd Grade: 1
- 4th Grade: 0
- 5th Grade: 0
Lanai Road Elementary is NOT a charter and enrollment priority is given to students residing within the Lanai attendance boundaries.
- There is no lottery.
- There are no Open Enrollment spaces anticipated for the 2019-2020 school year.
nO lottery & nO Open Enrollment
Transitional Kindergarten is for students who will have their fifth birthday between September 2nd and December 2nd inclusive. Further information can be found by clicking here.
- If my child is of kindergarten age, can I enroll instead in Transitional Kindergarten? Lanai Road Elementary will consider placement of a student into Transitional Kindergarten based upon teacher and administrator observations, parent requests and space availability.
- If my child is of Transitional Kindergarten age, can I request kindergarten placement instead? No. Transitional Kindergarten age requirements are state law and no exceptions are made.
- My resident school does not offer Transitional Kindergarten. Can my child attend Lanai Road Elementary? All LAUSD schools are required to offer Transitional Kindergarten.