Enrollment packets for RESIDENTS will be available starting May 1, 2017 in the main office between 9am - 3pm.
Tours will resume in the 2017-2018 school year. Please check back to the website in late August.
Meet & Greets
Tours are for any families interested, the following event are for families from the Lanai district only:
- Incoming parents all grades, meet and greet, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 7pm, you will receive an invitation with details.
- Incoming TK/Kinder play date, Fri May 19, 2017, 3pm TK/Kinder yard at Lanai
- TK/Kinder brunch/picnic after school starts, Los Encinos Park (by the duck pond)
Please enter your home address into the LAUSD Resident School Finder. The administration diligently verifies the address information of all incoming and currently enrolled students. Students with falsified addresses will immediately be transferred to their home school.
Residents - Please complete the Request for Enrollment Packet form at the bottom of the page to let us know you are coming.
Lanai Road Elementary is accepting permit applications for the categories below for the 2017-2018 school year. Permit applications are not automatically granted and are dependent upon space availability. Permit applicants may be notified of acceptance at any time during the 2017-2018 school year. The Intra-District Permit must be renewed annually. In order to be placed on the Intra-District Permit Wait List, a completed application must be submitted to the office.
Quick Link: Intra-District Permit Application.
- Child Care (Provider resides within the Lanai school boundaries)
- Parent Employment (One parent/guardian is employed full time within the Lanai school boundaries)
- Specialized Program - SAS Prescreen (Students entering K and 1st Grade who do not yet meet the criteria for School for Advanced Studies but would like to be observed for SAS consideration in a later school year. Does not apply to TK Students.) Applicants must:
- Demonstrate the ability or strong potential to work AT LEAST one grade level above.
- Provide a teacher recommendation.
- Provide a supporting portfolio of work (5 items maximum). If permit space becomes available, take a standardized LAUSD assessment to verify eligibility.
APPLICATION PERIOD begins February 1, 2017
APPLICATION PERIOD NOW CLOSED (March 1-30, 2017)
Schools For Advanced Studies ("SAS") offer high-level academic programs that meet the unique educational needs of gifted and high ability learners by providing differentiated instruction with an emphasis on depth, complexity, acceleration and novelty within the standard curriculum. This means that ALL Lanai Road teachers and the principal are trained in teaching gifted learners and every classroom receives SAS level teaching.
Qualified students entering Grades K-5 may apply for a School for Advanced Studies transfer. Acceptance is based on the student meeting eligibility criteria and availability of space at Lanai Road Elementary.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SAS APPLICANTS
ALL applicants for the School for Advanced Studies must demonstrate the ability or strong potential to work two years above grade level in academic subjects. For example, please include evidence of advanced math work, writing samples, and reading level.
Applicants whose eligibility is being verified by meeting ALL FOUR of the critical-thinking and problem-solving skills in their primary language must also:
- Submit a portfolio of work that supports the verification. Please refer to the SAS Permit Application for examples of student portfolio work.
- Take a standardized LAUSD assessment which will be arranged during the month of March.
Lanai Road Elementary is NOT an Open Enrollment school for the 2017-2018 school year. Lanai Road Elementary does NOT have a lottery because it is not a charter school.
Open Enrollment & lottery
- Beginning February 1, 2017: Intra-District Permit Applications may be submitted
- March 1-30, 2017: School for Advanced Studies transfer applications by be submitted
- May 1, 2017 through June 16, 2017: Enrollment packets for resident students are available for pickup in the Main Office between 9:00am - 3:00pm
- June 19, 2017 through July 30, 2017: Main Office Closed for Summer Break
- August 1, 2017: Main Office Reopens
- August 1-3, 2017: Cub Corral incoming kindergarten student evaluations
- August 15, 2017: 2017-2018 School Year Begins
Transitional Kindergarten is for students who were born between September 2, 2012 and December 2, 2012. Further information can be found by clicking here.
- If my child is of kindergarten age, can I enroll instead in Transitional Kindergarten? Lanai Road Elementary will consider placement of a student into Transitional Kindergarten based upon teacher and administrator observations, parent requests and space availability.
- If my child is of Transitional Kindergarten age, can I request kindergarten placement instead? No. Transitional Kindergarten age requirements are state law and no exceptions are made.
- My resident school does not offer Transitional Kindergarten. Can my child attend Lanai Road Elementary? Lanai Road will consider Intra-District Permit applications under the Specialized Program - Transitional Kindergarten category on a space available basis.