School tours are scheduled for the following dates. Please click on the tour date to sign up Tours begin at 8:45, please come to the Main Office to sign in. Sign ups will open one month prior to the tour date.
October 19, 2018
February 8, 2019
May 10, 2019
Registration packets for the 2019-2020 school year will be available to pick up in early May 2019.
Completed Packets include ALL of the following:
- Student enrollment forms
- Birth verification
- Up to date immunization record
- Residence Verification
Original and current property tax bill or valid lease agreement, Current DWP bill, and Current Gas bill
- Parent photo ID
For TK, K and 1st grade a completed packet must also include:
- Examiniation by Private Physician card completed and signed
- Oral Health Assessment
Please enter your home address into the LAUSD Resident School Finder. The administration diligently verifies the address information of all incoming and currently enrolled students. Students with falsified addresses will immediately be transferred to their home school.
APPLICATION PERIOD TBD (anticipated opening is February 2019)
Lanai Road Elementary will accepting permit applications for the categories below for the 2019-2020 school year. Permit applications are not automatically granted and are dependent upon space availability. Permit applicants may be notified of acceptance at any time during the 2019-2020 school year. The Intra-District Permit must be renewed annually. In order to be placed on the Intra-District Permit Wait List, a completed application must be submitted to the office.
Quick Link: Intra-District Permit Application.
- Child Care (Provider resides within the Lanai school boundaries)
- Parent Employment (One parent/guardian is employed full time within the Lanai school boundaries)
APPLICATION PERIOD October 1 - November 9, 2018
Applications for the School for Advanced Studies Program are completed online at the e-CHOICES website: echoices.lausd.net
2019-2020 Anticipated Openings
- Transitional Kindergarten: Program does not apply
- Kindergarten: 0
- 1st Grade: 0
- 2nd Grade: 1
- 3rd Grade: 1-2
- 4th Grade: 0
- 5th Grade: 0
Lanai Road Elementary is NOT a charter and enrollment priority is given to students residing within the Lanai attendance boundaries.
- There is no lottery.
- There are no Open Enrollment spaces anticipated for the 2019-2020 school year.
nO lottery & nO Open Enrollment
Transitional Kindergarten is for students who will have their fifth birthday between September 2nd and December 2nd inclusive. Further information can be found by clicking here.
- If my child is of kindergarten age, can I enroll instead in Transitional Kindergarten? Lanai Road Elementary will consider placement of a student into Transitional Kindergarten based upon teacher and administrator observations, parent requests and space availability.
- If my child is of Transitional Kindergarten age, can I request kindergarten placement instead? No. Transitional Kindergarten age requirements are state law and no exceptions are made.
- My resident school does not offer Transitional Kindergarten. Can my child attend Lanai Road Elementary? All LAUSD schools are required to offer Transitional Kindergarten.